Monday, April 18, 2016

Inking it up

Oh my goodness, you guys, it is easy to forget how incredible (and addictive) tattoos are when it has been 5 years since you last got one.  After sitting around and fiddling with the temptation and batting around ideas for years, I finally got the chance to start a new piece!

My sister introduced me to her awesome artist, the beautiful and talented Sam (aka Samazon) from Thick as Thieves Tattoo in Denver, CO.  Sam's style tends toward traditional and cartoon-y, with bright and bold colors and unbelievable line work.  She is crazy creative, and she took my original plan for something simple and small (to commemorate overcoming some of life's obstacles) and worked with me to turn the tattoo into a real expression of bad-assery!  I came in with some ideas for something because I wanted a piece that made me feel powerful and that really celebrated the work I have been doing in my life to overcome health challenges and to grow stronger, and I walked out with the beginnings of a masterpiece.  

My amazing sister was cool enough to set aside a whole day with me to hang out at the shop and get our respective work done, and Sam was a veritable rock-star through the entire process.  

This is my biggest piece to date, so there is no color yet, but once we get the lines filled in I think this is going to be my favorite tattoo ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment